Housing Internship for Indigenous Youth
What should I know about this program?
The Housing Internship for Indigenous Youth (HIIY) is an initiative that offers more than just a job. It provides you with the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable hands-on work experience
- Develop skills that are transferable to other jobs
- Examine, explore and clarify your career goals and options
- Improve your interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Strengthen your confidence and sense of responsibility
- Increase your knowledge of the housing field in your community
- Secure longer-term employment in the housing sector or a related field
Am I eligible to apply?
You're eligible to apply if you...
- Are an Indigenous Youth
- Are between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the internship
- Are not otherwise employed throughout the internship
- Are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with the program
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or have refugee status
We're working on connecting you with opportunities - stay tuned
Here's what previous participants did!
- Office administration
- Client counselling
- Tenant liaison
- Residential and commercial construction
- General maintenance and renovations